Hello Hello! This article will help you fit the size of your hand to the mouse you are interested in. This way you can test how well your hand will fit to your MOUSE OF CHOICE!
I want to present the 1HP Optimal Mouse Fit Calculator!
This article will guide you through how you can use the calculator and is in conjunction with the YT video below on how we designed this calculator. But first what measurements you will need. Grab a ruler since all of the measurements will be in millimeters. We will be measuring the following metrics
1. Palm Height – From the base of the pinky & thumb muscles and extends to the top of the middle knuckle
2. Palm Width – Horizontal Distance from pinky knuckle to index knuckle
1. Mouse Length / Depth – Length of the mouse going through the midline
2. Mouse Width – How wide the mouse is from a top-down view, at the middle of the mouse
3. Mouse Height – How tall the mouse is at it’s peak
That’s it guys, hope our community uses this to make better decisions about finding a mouse that fits for our hand. Remember to consider the weight, DPI, sensitivity and binds if you have any wrist pain but make sure the fit works for you! Also don’t forget the big 3 to prevent and manage wrist pain
- Posture / Ergonomics
- Wrist Conditioning
- Schedule Management
PS: If you are dealing with wrist pain from gaming – click here to learn exactly what exercises you can do to fix your specific issue!